Do you want to know how to Take Care of Your Eyelash Extensions?
Let the team at Serene Day Spa help lend a helping hand!
Regardless of how familiar you may be with eyelash extensions and the appropriate care procedures, we feel it’s important that you have all the right information to help you take care of your lashes, to keep them at their best.
Lash extensions are delicate and do need a little attention and care, to ensure that they last as long as they should and with the desired look.
The answer to ‘How long will they last?’ is hugely variable – it mostly comes down to you and what you do (and don’t do) to them.
Eyelash Extensions FAQ / Aftercare
To maintain your glamorous new eyelashes, please follow a few important steps to keep your lashes looking fuller and at their best in-between refills.
- Please avoid water, steam and extreme heat for the first 24 hours to your lashes.
- Take care to be gentle with your eyes – avoid rubbing your new lash extensions as they have been attached using medical grade glue. Also avoid pulling them as this will cause loss of your extensions and damage your natural lashes.
- The natural function of eyelashes is to protect the eye from dirt and debris. Our skin naturally secretes oil, which is one of the biggest factors causing premature extension loss as it can break down the adhesives. Regular cleaning to remove dirt, debris and oils is essential to retaining your extensions but also to maintaining lash hygiene.
- Only a recommended lash cleanser or water should be used when cleaning your lash extensions.
- Brush your lashes at least once a day to maintain consistent direction and prevent tangling as they grow.
- Do not curl or perm lashes after application, this will break the extensions and damage your natural lashes.
- Do not apply mascara, liquid/crayon/gel eyeliner as they are oil based products and will break down the adhesive glue casing your extensions to fall off.
- Avoid using creams, oils, facial cleansers on the eye area as they will break down the adhesive glue.
- Sleeping on your stomach or with an eye mask cover on should be avoided.
- On average we naturally lose 2-5 natural lashes per eye, per day. Therefore we recommended refills every 2-3 weeks to keep your lashes full and looking glamorous.