Everything You Need To Know About Skin Needling
June 20, 2018
Skin needling is the latest in state-of-the-art skincare techniques that has seen a huge rise in popularity in recent years, largely due to the fact that it works wonders!
Have you seen Kim Kardashian’s, Jennifer Aniston’s or Demi Moore’s skin lately? Amazing right? This is largely due to the fact they are all big fans of micro needling.
So, let’s go through exactly what skin needling is, how it works and why it’s so great for your skin.
So what is skin needling?
This simple, yet effective therapy uses a handheld device with small, shallow needles that punctuate the outer layer of your skin to create a controlled skin injury. The surgical-grade needles that are used range in size from 0.25mm to 2.5mm in length. As the needles lightly damage the skin, it tricks your skin into renewing itself, which starts to create new cells and collagen in response. This in turn, will rejuvenate your skin by filling in fine lines and improving skin conditions like scarring, pigmentation and more.
Here’s a few more specific notes on the function and benefits of Skin needling treatment:
- Skin Needling or CIT uses very fine, sterile needles to create many micro-channels in the skin to produce lots of collagen. The tiny perforations release cytokines which trigger the wound-healing process. Collagen is a fibrous protein which forms the scaffolding of the skin, however as we age collagen production slows down. Micro needling prompts Collagen production into overdrive to repair and regenerate the skin, creating a thicker dermis and a more youthful appearance.
- Skin Needling is performed for anti-ageing, pore reduction, scarring treatment including acne scars, hyperpigmentation, melasma, refining skin and generally improving the overall health and appearance of skin.
- After your skin needling session, type III collagen and elastin are produced which forms part of the extra cellular matrix of the skin. Once the skin goes into the remodelling phase weeks later, type I collagen and elastin are formed.
- Because of the depth within the skin that we are treating the results take a minimum of 4-6 weeks to take effect.
- For optimal results 4 sessions, 4-6 weeks apart is recommended
Skin Needling Treatments at Serene Day Spa
- When undertaking Dermapen micro needling at Serene Day Spa, you’ll be prescribed homecare first to ensure your skin is prepared and to maintain results.
- All of our Skin Needling sessions include a complimentary Omnilux LED Light Therapy session 48-72 hours post needling session to accelerate the healing process and increase collagen production
- Depending on your skin type, we might also recommend an exfoliation treatment one to two weeks after your Dermapen session.
- A single Dermapen session is $285, and a course of four treatments is $950.
To learn more about skin needling and its complementary skin treatments, contact the team at Serene Day Spa on (08) 9245 8188 or email@example.com